Sunday, April 30, 2006

I think I may be losing my mind

I am wondering if I need to take an online test to see if I have dementia or something. Good grief. We painted our bedroom about a month ago...Okay...You got me, hubby painted the bedroom while I watched perched on a stool, leaning against the unpainted wall, sitting on the edge of the tub in the bathroom...Anyway, the bedroom got painted and isn't that what counts? I DID move everything out into the spare bedroom, and now I can't find a few key items. Such as my cool calendar. I loved that calendar. I am all into Impressionist art since I took that Art class, and I got a really artsty fartsy calendar that featured Sergent I believe. WELL that calendar has went missing. I have scoured this house, can't find it. I am wondering where in the hell I could have put it? GRRRR, it's driving me crazy. Well crazy-er. I even have been CLEANING in an attempt to find that damn calendar. To no avail. I have found old yucky cough drops, Math notes from Algebra I have no clue what in the world I was saving them for--did I think i would be held hostage and need to know how to figure out a quadratic formula? I don't know, you tell me--, mismatched tacky earrings, slutty socks that have lost their mate, papers I wrote in my 1st semester of college a few years ago that are so dorky it's embarrassing really, and old Glamour magazines I was saving for who knows what reason (tips for the making my hair shiner or the newest method for not showing panty lines, perhaps? Now that would be sad) but no calendar. DAMN it!

Oh my word, see, I know I have Alzheimer's, I said key THINGS, now I don't remember what the other items are. Mother of Pearl...grumble,grumble, grumble.


12 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I think what you have is contagious - or perhaps we have an epidemic on our hands because it seems to be effecting me (and a few other I know too). Hmmmm should we notify the CDC?

Undercover Angel said...

That always happens to me too. I'll be cleaning the house and put something "away" or move it, and then 10 minutes later it's nowhere to be found. I think its a conspiracy... LOL!

j.sterling said...

you painted over it. LOL

Kristin said...

ask your kids... they HIDE things.

Pollyanna said...

OH, thanks guys. You have all been very helpful. I checked my hand, no calendar, I checked my wall, no calendar again, asked the kids they are clueless, i think I will declare it a conspiracy and notify the CDC immediately!

Denise said...

I chuckle at your dispair! :)

Sometimes I put something away for "safe keeping" and then I can't find it too.

Retrace your steps.

Wes said...

Good to see I'm not the only one who's forgetful, and who chastises themselves constantly for it!

Suburban Turmoil said...

Must've been the paint fumes... ;)

Bridgermama said...

You will find that calendar when you lose something else. Oh and it will be 2 years from now when it is no longer useful, but the pictures will always be pretty right?

Tori said...

Stop looking for it and it's sure to show up...

Perstephone said...

I hope you find it before the year is up!

wopanese said...

Wow... I feel your pain. I found physics notes from, oh, let's just say WAY BACK, just the other day... and textbooks for high school spanish. Not even COLLEGE Spanish - it was HIGH SCHOOL Spanish.

well, good luck hunting!