Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Juvenile Delinquent

I am heading off for a Muffins with Mom's party with Connor's class here in about 15 minutes. He just informed me we have to dance. There was NOTHING about dancing on the original invitation, I am all nervous now. He isn't the juvenile delinquent, well not yet anyway.

In the last week Trent has been caught throwing rocks at school--directed at a neighbor's house across the street--, using his jack knife (which Chad and I are STILL fighting about) to whittle on a tree limb while we were at a musical event at the community college, and got a "F' in Math (AGAIN) on his progress report. Oh yes, I am VERY proud. I can't believe he's only 10 and all of this is happening already. Ohmyword. Do any of my blogging peeps have great words of advice for me on appropriate punishments? He has Saturday school already for the rock throwing fiasco, he is grounded from the TV and computer for a week due to his grades, and I have the knife in my possession until he turns 18 or Chad wrestles it out of my cold, dead hands.

Later gaters.

6 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

Don't you feel guilt for one second girlie!! YAY. I never would have guessed Dragon lady has a heart. But, right on!

Please take a video of you dancing with muffins and post it accordingly. And have a blast. :)

I sucked in math, too. That stupid requirement always brought down my gpa. grrrrrrrrr.

Anonymous said...

He needs a punishment that he really hates - like some sort of chore, although not knowing what he doesn't like, I can't suggest anything. But definitely no TV, no video games and no computer. I saw on Super Nanny once that she wrote the house rules down and if the kids disobeyed them they got time taken away from how much computer time they had, etc. It was quite effective.

sweatpantsmom said...

Happy Mother's Day!

And congrats on taming the Dragon Lady!

Now, get those dancing shoes on and dance your heart out - you deserve it.

Tori said...

Hey Jodi - long time!

Dragon Lady - human! Who'd thunk it?

You son - in juvie!!! Kidding!!!

I sympathize with you my love. Boys will be boys but girls too are right bitches and I had to ground #1 for three weeks, take away her phone, computer etc for some aggressive behaviou to her mamma! (A shove in the face at her birthday party!!!!!)

I got lots of advice about how to punish her. One was kinda interesting actually...someone actually suggested taking her to a place where battered women live in transit and make her do community service there. I think that was extreme in her case but certainly if those behaviors keep rearing their head over the summer, you should think of something like that. Picking up litter, volunteering at a soup kitchen. Something that shows compassion and that the world is a bigger place than just him and that actions have consequences!!!!
Re the F - nip that one in the bud now! Ask at the local high school if anyone can tutor him - perhaps for some extra credit or community service hours. Math only gets harder from here on in. If he is being lazy in math, this will kick him in the ass. Otherwise threaten to sit next to him in class for a week and shadow him wherever he goes!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Shoot - I can't read that green!

Ann(ie) said...

You okay, girlie? I miss you. You're vewy vewy quiet.