Wednesday, February 06, 2008

At least one of us is a writer....

In what seems a hunderd million years ago, when I started going to college in 2004, my biggest dream was to become a writer. A really good writer, who was published, invited onto Oprah, published. . . all that happy horse shit. It seems as though that dream as well as my frequently updating this blog has went out the window in my ever present quest to pay my rent and buy groceries. Bah humbug to real life.

However, this morning, in 15 minutes in fact, I am going to Connor's school for an assembly where he is winning an award for being a young author. He is getting an award and his picture in the paper and EVERYTHING. It's very exciting. And a good reminder to me that not that long ago I dreamed of being a writer as well. I have got to get my priorties straight interent. What dreams have you forsaken in the ever tiring attempt to get through day to day life?

4 comments:

Molly said...

Well I was going to marry George Clooney but I ended up divorced from someone else and raising a kid! But I wouldn't have it any other way!

Congratulations to Connor, what a star! I hope that it encourages him and gives him the passion to write. And you can do whatever you want, whenever you want, just because we are ahem, getting a little bit older, does not mean that we cannot fulfill our dreams.

Kristin said...

First off, Congratulations to Connor!! How exciting and rewarding... what was his story on? You must be soooo proud!!

Next, even if you only write once a month, you are still a writer... maybe Oprah won't invite you to jump on her couch, but that is her loss because I'd rather hear you!

Real life has made me too lazy... after bedtime and dishes, all I want to do is lie on the couch and watch tv. Sad but true.

Ann(ie) said...

GOOOOOO Connor. That rocks! You must be so proud of your boy.

I had a dream of owing a children's clothing store for a long time. My dream was never to be an insurance agent that's for damn sure. But, it pays the bills and I like to flake off too much to be an entrepreneur. ;)

j said...

You forgot the People Magazine book review. That is key to writing success. Raise your kid, work on your dream in your spare time. Don't give up! Jennifer