Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Alright this really frosts my cookies


Okay, I am pissed off at my after school care lady. We pay her $280 a month whether the kids go there or not, even when they have a week off school or whatever. And she only watches them from 2:30-5:00 every day and if we are one minute after 5:00 she charges us $1/minute! Grrrrr. Anyway, this week the kids have minimum days and so they get out of school at 12:45, and part of the agreement is that Ms D takes them when it's minimum days. Yesterday Ms D scheduled HER parent teacher conference for right when the kids were getting out of school. What the hell? And she left Trent in charge of Connor on the playground. And they were playing hide-and-go-seek and Connor ran into the side of a electric box thing and has a HUGE knot on his forehead. OHMYWORD. He's fine but I am so pissed off. I am mostly pissed off because I have NO other options. There isn't a after school program at their school, Ms D is the only after school care in our area, and I HAVE to work. I have no other options. I am painted into a corner. And I HATE feeling trapped. And Ladies and Gents, I am am TRAPPED. So, I'm pissed off today. I have a headache. And I am grouchy. How are you??

11 comments:

Molly said...

That is a real shame. There is no way that she should have left any kids in charge, whatever the circumstances. I know you live in a really tiny town, but are you sure there is not a list on file with the "city" as to who can watch children? Put an ad in a free paper if you can because there may be some lovely woman who wants to earn some money but can't go out to work because she had kids of her own. Something will work out, but I hope it happens sooner rather than later!

Butrfly Garden said...

Jodi, that does totally suck. I'm on the other end, but I understand. I'm always worried my day care girl is going to dump me. I HATE searching for day care. HATE it.

Violet said...

That sucks! I hope you can find a better option. You shouldn't have to worry about if she is taking care of yuor kids.

Wes said...

That sucks! You're not alone on having a bad day, although mine has been a few days on from yours!! Still, keep the chin up, because there's always good stuff around the corner!

wayabetty said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Jodi! She is totally taking advantage of the whole situation, I think. Is there someone at the kids'school you can ask around to see if they can watch the kids? Maybe a SAH mom in the neighborhood? I hope you'll find other alternatives soon. Hang in there!

Ann(ie) said...

OH...girl...I would be hella pissed. OMG. And what's this $1 a minute late thing???? Please tell me you hollered at her! Or maybe smacked her silly?

Pollyanna said...

Annie, oh yes, I showed her I was mad. I called her yesterday and left her a message because I kept the boys home from school and so she didn't need to pick them up. And I didn't even say THANK YOU or anything...that'll teach the little wench, don't ya think?

Ann(ie) said...

OH yes. She'll get it loud and clear. As she should! That's my girl!!!

Some Random Girl said...

not defending her but I would have done the same thing...maybe she had absolutely no other option but to take them. Dont take it too hard.....I know it totally sux your kid got hurt but just try to make the best of it. smile girl......it will get better. btw, I talked to Denise and she's graduating from Chico State this spring.....isn't that great?

Kelly said...

I would be mad too! If you pay her - that is her JOB to watch them - she needs to make alternate arrangements for her own conference (i.e before school, or let you know she can't watch them that day) GRRR!

Pollyanna said...

Kelly, EXACTLY. You completely nailed it. That is why it made me so mad! Thanks for visiting BTW! :)