Wednesday, March 07, 2007

My blogaversary

Holy Moly, I have been blogging for a whole year now. I have 62 posts under my belt and at least 6000 comments I would estimate on all your blogs. I have to say I am very happy that I have ventured into the blogging community. It is a great outlet that is for certain. I am continually amazed by the amount of talent that you, my fellow bloggers, display on a daily basis. Your writing often makes me laugh out loud, snorting on occasion even, sometimes I am moved to tears, and often a post follows me throughout my day and is rumbling in the back of my brain while I contemplate the meaning of the universe. Who knew that blogging could be so complex? Certainly not I. I thank all of you for reading my drivel and for blessing me with your comments. I also thank you for allowing me to read your deep innermost thoughts via your blog(s), I feel truly privileged for such a honor!

**cough cough** UGH, I don't really like all the mushiness I just displayed. Sorry, that is uncharacteristically sentimental of me, I must be going soft after a year of blogging. Ahem.

Now back to Jodi's world as we know it. I have had a few of my favorite readers (okay, one) ask me about Chad's foot and his recovery. He said to tell y'all that he is recovering quite nicely from his sky diving accident. In an unfortunate turn of events we have discovered that he also caught his hand on the landing gear while attempting to save himself while free falling from the sky in his freak accident and now has to have hand surgery as well. ~~The hand surgery part is true, he does have to have surgery on his wrist. The sky diving story is an elaborate attempt on his part to seem daring and adventurous. Don't you dare tell him I told you it's a ruse~~Despite his extreme bravery in his near death experience his leg is healing nicely. He is still on crutches and is getting a bit of cabin fever. Poor guy. He is so used to running around like a crazy man and working all the time that he doesn't know how to relax. I told him it takes weeks of practice and that if he's on disability long enough he will fully acquire the skills necessary to sit on the couch for hours at a time chatting on the phone, watching Judge Judy, napping several times throughout the day and blogging. He doesn't believe me. Amateur.

Y'all have been asking me about my job. It's actually going quite well. No sightings of Creepy guy in a long time. I know he still works there but I never see him. Thank Goodness. I just found out I will be getting another .75 cent an hour raise! They pay me a ridiculous amount of money to answer the phone, I tell ya. A trained monkey could do my job, but the callers may have a hard time understanding him,so I can see the rub there I guess. Some days my job really really pisses me off, but who's job doesn't? For the most part I like it okay. I am glad that I am going to school still because it helps keep me content. If I knew I had to answer phones for the rest of my life in a call center I may get a tad bit discontent. However, for now they are paying me good money to appease semi pissy people on the phone and that's enough for the time being. I love love love it when I get to talk to someone who has a strong accent, that makes my whole day. Or when they call me Ma'am. I positively swoon when I am called Ma'am. Texans are SOOOOO polite, my Texan callers always call me Ma'am and I just love it. I also don't have to deal with people in person and my personal safety never feels threatened, which cannot be said for when I worked at the bank, and something I appreciate. I could also theoretically run into someone uptown that had just screamed at me on the phone and I don't know them and they don't know me. I like that. Again, the same can't be said for working at the bank. It can be a little tense when you see someone in public that you had to call the police on for making a scene in the lobby of the bank, let me tell you. I also LOVE that I get to set my own schedule and can dictate my hours. That is awesome and a wonderful perk.

Good Gawd, can you believe me today? I am gushing all over this post. Ugh. I am making myself ill.

Let's see...is there anything I can bitch about? Hmmm, went to San Francisco with Candace, had a wonderful time. I discovered espresso martinis, yumm-o. Ate a bunch of good food with advocates for children with special needs. Listened to some really thought provoking speakers talk about autism and coping with children who have all kinds of disabilities. Incredibly interesting. No complaints there. Candace and I got to spend 3 days sans kids (and husbands) in a fancy hotel. I really really can't complain about that. She did some dying, tweaking and waxing of my hair and eyebrows which is always lots of fun, for me! I bought her a mug and we called it even. Poor Candace. I think she possibly got the raw end of the deal.

T is still not in treatment. She is wandering the streets of LA with her multiple selves doing God knows what to God knows who. I got a letter from her the other day. She told me about her "girls" ( her other personalities) and how she didn't my know my address but she knew one of the "girls" must have it. She said she would leave the letter out and one of them would probably address it and get it in the mail to me. I did receive it so one of them most of followed through. Mind boggling, no? She also told me about starting near riots in her drug treatment (outpatient, court ordered) classes when she is bored, That made me laugh because that is T to a t. She loves to instigate chaos whenever she can and always has. I think all her persona lites have that in common. I worry about her and pray she will be okay and that she will get help.

I haven't hardly seen K. Her and VS are bonding and are happy as little clams. Whatever. It barely annoys me. I hope everything goes well for them all and they leave me out of it, Truly.

My new laundry room and coat closet are done! Yeah. Love them. It 's really working out well and I have thrown away so much crap while getting it all organized, and that is a great feeling. When Chad recovers he is going to paint and get everything all prettied up. My Dad is great at the actual construction, the aesthetically pleasing stuff, not so much. I'll have Trent take pictures and help me post them on my blog when we're done. Oh how I wish I were kidding....

And with that, I will sign off on my blogaverisary. Here's to another 60 some posts and 6000 or so odd comments~






11 comments:

Undercover Angel said...

Happy Blogaversary Jodi! I'm so glad to have gotten to get to know you through your blog for the past year!

Hopefully by this time next year we'll be celebrating your 2nd blogaversary, and many more posts and comments!

Crimson said...

Happy Blogaversary! So glad you take the time to let us in. I've enjoyed every minute!

yerdoingitwrong said...

I have many things to say.

1.) Happy Blogaversary. I enjoy your blog so much and love that you got goopy. Gotta let us in ya know!! =)

2.) You must post pics of your new laundry room!

3.) I have car news. I'm going to email you as soon as I get in the mindset to clear out my email. It's turned into a rather large beast. I'm going to shoot for Sunday....get a gianormous Starbucks and hunker down.

4.) And this made me laugh my ASS off. hehe.

I told him it takes weeks of practice and that if he's on disability long enough he will fully acquire the skills necessary to sit on the couch for hours at a time chatting on the phone, watching Judge Judy, napping several times throughout the day and blogging. He doesn't believe me. Amateur.

AMEN GIRL!!!!

xo,
Ann

Molly said...

Happy Anniversary! Keep going, we want lots more.

First of all, sorry about your sister but you do write it in such a comical way that it is amusing, then I feel guilty for being amused that someone has such a severe mental illness! But I do hope she gets the help she needs.

Secondly, sky diving??? Is Chad insane??? Are you insane for letting him??? Just reading about it makes me feel ill!

Hmm, phone work, you are very brave. You might like it if I call, I have an English accent. But apparently a lot of Americans can't understand a word I say! I used to travel all over America interviewing people and whenever I got to the south they would always call me Maam or Miss Molly, which was cute. Unfortunately my ex husband is a Texan so I can tell you right now that they are not all nice and polite!

Bonnie B said...

Happy Blogaversary! I can't believe I've known you a year.It seems like we were buddies long before I walked into that criminal justice class. You are so funnyand you really are a good friend. I'm glad all seems to be going well in your life. Heres to being old, grey smelly blogging buddies!

sweatpantsmom said...

Happy Anniversary! Keep it up - I really enjoy reading your posts.

(And I still can't believe you called the police on me. That was not a real gun I had in the lobby - I swear.)

wayabetty said...

Happy happy belated blogniversary to you!!

It's great to have met such nice people like you on this blogging world!!

Ashley Lasbury said...

Hi Honey! Happy Blogaversary to you!
You don't write often enough but I love to read what you write. My blogaversary is coming up next month.
You have a special place in my heart as you were the first person to comment on my blog. And I still love your comments.

Here's to another year of writing and reading. Cheers.

Some Random Girl said...

i love your new template! Look at you having a blogaversary! you have definetly kept up with it well!

Pendullum said...

I know I posted a Happy Blogversary to you my dear Jodi...and Blogger ate it...
But if anything I do come back and read comments and when I noticed mine was missing ... I made certain to post again to say how happy I am that you are out there in Bloggerland!

Pendullum said...

I know I posted a Happy Blogversary to you my dear Jodi...and Blogger ate it...
But if anything I do come back and read comments and when I noticed mine was missing ... I made certain to post again to say how happy I am that you are out there in Bloggerland!