Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I am freaking out....Atten: EDIT~~

I know...I know..what else is new? But, I really do have a good reason to freak out, promise. And I need you guys to give me your best guesses as to a solution, okay? I am counting on you, my blogging peeps.

So we went and checked out Smalltownsville this last weekend. It's actually not so small and very liveable. We liked it, a lot. Chad called future job today. They are VERY interested in him. Hitch in the get-up, fly in the ointment? It's only part-time. How part time? We're not sure yet. Will know more about that tomorrow when HR calls him back. If he gets at least 24 hours a week, which is probably the case, and I find a new job up there we will be fine. Even if we don't sell this house right away **gulp** (which is reason #1 I am freaking out), we'll be okay once we get moved. Because this new job of his will pay $10/hr more than what he makes now. I am not even going to go into my Mom being a spaz, my sister being off her meds and that she is getting crazier by the second, or trying to figure out where we'll get cash to move if our house doesn't sell right away, and the fact that my Grandma just got out of ICU after a week and is so very ill....

Main major drama for me right this second and is something that I have some some control over? There is a job open in Smalltown for the county at the courthouse that is PERFECT, for me. It's full-time and pays well and has benefits. And would be exactly what I want to do. Except it's available soon, very soon. It closes April 17. YIKES. That's way way too soon people. Chad said I should apply and see what happens. But, what if I get it? And they need me to start in May?!?!??! There is no way in hell we could sell the house and move that fast. So what do I do?

Option A)
Nothing, be paralyzed by fear and indecision and let a very good job that may not come open again pass me by. However, live with the decision in admitting to myself that sometimes good things come at a bad time and you just gotta shake it off and move on baby, move on. ~~Mariah sings about that in "shake it off", "you just gotta shake it off, loving ain't the same, and you just shake it off". Or something like that. Maybe it doesn't apply here? HUH....~~~

Option B)
Apply for job. If I get job try and put off starting as long as possible. Then if our ducks are not in a row or Chad is still recovering from surgery, I could go up there for the work week. And I could either a) rent something and come home on the weekends or b) stay in a cheap, filthy, flea infested hotel and come home on weekends and de-louse myself. While I am all alone, all week, by myself, alone. ~~can y'all hear Donkey from Shrek singing, "I'm all ALLLLONNNNEEE, there's no one beside me, I'm all alone".....No, you can't hear it? Oh never mind, it must just be me...~~

Option C)
Let my crazy tendencies (see any number of posts in this blog for supporting documentation) and indecision take over. When I am successful at that I will get on disability for the rest of my natural life so I don't have to worry about finding a job, commuting, my family being here while I am 2 1/2 hours away. Without my computer. *gulp*

AUGHGGHGHGH. See, this is a serious crisis people. I need help! Tell me what I should do. Give me options D,E,F, and G, won't you? Please!

Oh, and don't worry Tori, we won't move until Chad for sure for sure has the job! But, if he gets it we will move, without a doubt.

Put your thinking caps on people, I need some good ideas here. What would YOU do?

EDIT:EDIT:EDIT:EDIT:EDIT:EDIT:EDIT:EDIT:EDIT:EDIT:EDIT:

Alright, so Chad was offered the job! It may only be 2 days a week to start, but they want Chad to start in July. Yippee~so here's the new plan. I have applyed for the new job. If I get the job we are moving for sure. If I don't get the job then Chad is just going to commute 2 days a week and I will keep my current job until something comes along up there. And in the meantime we, meaning Chad, are going to start doing the comestic stuff to the house that will need to be done for it to be sold. And, no, I haven't told my Mom, she is going to freak out. I think I'll let Chad break it to her, she likes him best.

9 comments:

Molly said...

I think you should apply for the job - just because they are closing April 17th doesn't mean they will fill it straight away. Over in Redneckville where I live, it can take the state and county weeks just to give you an interview after the closing date. So fear not on that one and apply. As for the house, have you considered renting it when you move? I know someone who rented their house and now the renters want to buy. Just a thought.
And as for all the other craziness, well it is bound to happen because relocating anywhere is a big deal, so just go with the flow and if it all works out it was meant to be! And I hope it does because I can meet you in that nearby town for lunch!

Crimson said...

Apply for the job, if you get it, tell them your situation. See how long they'll give you before you HAVE to start. If it's right away, make it work. Nothing ventured, nothing gained....good luck!

yerdoingitwrong said...

I'm with Molly and Crimson. Apply. And go it from there. Big stuff going on for you!!! =) I can't wait to hear the goings on. Don't be scared. I'm excited for you. Could be a great change! =)

Pendullum said...

Take the plunge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can do this...

It is there...
It is meant to be...
Do it Girl...
Take the world by its horns and go on this ride...
Hold on tight... It is going to be a blast!!!

I am so excited for you!

yerdoingitwrong said...

yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyeeeeeee!! It's all coming together. Keep us posted on how your ma takes it.

but Momma said...

OOO, sounds like an adventure! Good for you guys! Keep us posted!

Wes said...

I agree with everyone else, and I'm glad to hear you applied! All the best, and I'm sure they'll bump Chad up once they realise how good he is!

Wes said...

I agree with everyone else, and I'm glad to hear you applied! All the best, and I'm sure they'll bump Chad up once they realise how good he is!

Bonnie B said...

This sounds like a great opportunity for your family. I say apply for the job.If you get it, rent out your house until it sells and get an apartment for temporary housing.

I'm going to miss you SOOOOOO much!