Sunday, August 26, 2007

Some things to be thankful for

I am thankful for,

A) My Las Vegas trip went 100% better than I thought it would.

B) I fit into the Southwest airline seats and no airline personnel hassled me.

C) The first row of Southwest seats have amazing leg room.

D) The drunk man who sat next to me on the flight home and didn't try to talk to me because he was passed out and didn't notice, due to his snoring, my squirming and moving around in the seat that I fit in, but was uncomfortable anyway. Oh, and that I didn't throw up. I thought I was going to get sick, the flights were really bumpy, but I never did. Thank GOD!

E) Boss Lady likes to drink. Her and I had drinks both nights we were there. Praise the Lord. A little drink with dinner makes everything seem possible. We actually *gasp* have things in common. For example, we both like clam chowder soup, we both love Peach margaritas, Mai Ti's, and martinis.

F) The fact that Boss Lady said I'll be back to Vegas many times for training, that way I don't have to be sad about the fact I was too damn hot and tired to do any sightseeing while I was there. She asked if I would be okay to travel alone, and I said HELL YES. I would actually prefer to travel alone or with my travel partner, Candace. Boss Lady wanted to hang out way more than I ever thought possible or would have liked. I doubt anything between us will be different at work on Monday, but at least I know it's possible for her to be kind and that she actually can be a normal person who has a heart! :) She was actually very very kind to me and was concerned that I felt comfortable and was okay the whole time.

G) Boss Lady told the Flamingo to use her credit card so that I could check into my room because they require a $100/night additional charge to go onto your card until check out for incidentals. I had exactly enough money for the room and that was it. If it wasn't for Boss Lady's credit card I would have been homeless for two days. She was so very kind to me.

H) The training was so very very informative. I seriously went, "OHHHHHH" in my head at least once an hour when things just started clicking into place. I have been making travel arrangements for my job and knew the rules I needed to follow when figuring out per Diem and alike, but didn't really understand WHY, this class really helped me in that regard.

I) My kids are home! And they are safe and sound. I missed them like crazy.

J) My two online classes have nothing due until next weekend, so I can just relax and watch stupid cartoons with my kids today.

K) Lastly I am thankful for my blogging peeps who always know what to say to make me feel better. Thank you all for your support and love!!!!!

11 comments:

Molly said...

I am so glad it went better than you thought and that Boss Lady is slightly human after all. Perhaps now she will realize so are you and that people have feelings. I am confused why you had to pay for your own room though? I hope they reimburse you.

And martinis always make everything better. Always!

Pollyanna said...

Molly, I know, it's confusing about the room thing. See, when I make the reservations for the employees of the Tribe I use a credit card to make the reservation. But, then when people travel we just give them money to pay for the room and for their meals. SO, I had just enough money to pay for the actual room but didn't have the extra $200 on my debit card that the hotel wanted for "incidentals". SO, that's where the problem arose. However, Boss Lady was very nice and let them secure my room with her card and then I just paid my room charge when I checked out with the money that the Tribe had given me. Does that make sense? Damn these big hotels and all their rules!!!

Molly said...

I see! I usually get out of it by saying "well turn my phone off then" and they cannot force you to put up the credit card. I actually never used to have a credit card (wish I didn't now!) so it was a bit impossible to do.

wayabetty said...

I'm glad you had a good time! Did you have one of those moments "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"?

Ann(ie) said...

I am so glad to hear that the shedevil has a decent side and that your trip went well. I was having anxiety for you so **yay** what a relief! I might even have to like her the tiniest bit if she's likes Martini's. hmmmmmpf....didn't see that one coming!!! =P How is she now that you're back at work?

Pollyanna said...

Annie, it's the oddest thing, she is being SOOOOOOOO nice since we've gotten back. I just don't know what to think. And I am signed up for two more trainings already, one in SF and one in Reno. I am just taking it one day at a time, I don't want to let my guard down because that's the day she'll get pissed off at me and make me cry again. BUT, I have to say this week, so far, has been lovely.

Crimson said...

Hey Jodi, I can't hardly read your blog because the font is so small....anyone else complaining about it?! I miss you!

Pollyanna said...

Crimson, I am sorry about that, I forgot that the font looks really small on "normal" screens. My parents bought us a huge monitor for our anniversary last year and I can make anything big! :) I will try and fix it asap. Thank you!!!

Kristin said...

Isn't it nice when things fall into place... I am glad it all went well!

Bonnie B said...

I'm so happy to hear thngs went well in Vegas. Sorry you didn't get to do any sight-seeing. Vegas is pretty cool.

Wes said...

Woo Hoo! Glad to hear things went well, and you'll be going back to Vegas. I Love Vegas!!!