Friday, September 08, 2006

Having trouble sleeping, are you?

Have you seen the ads on TV for Lunesta and Ambien CR? Evidently, so has Connor. Here is a sampling of the conversation we had last night at bed time.

"Mom, can you take me to the Doctor to get Funesta or Wambien RR?"

"HUH?"

"You know, Mom. I need Funesta. The commercial with the butterfly, ya know? I can only take it when I can devote 8 hours to sweeping and when i don't have to operate heavy machinery the next day. But, Mom..."

"Yes Connor", I choke out, as I am giggling uncontrollably but trying not to make Connor feel silly for asking his Mother for sleep medication that he's seen advertised on TV.

"I don't have a driver liwense, so i don't drive or operate machinery, so I think I can take it, right? ."

"Well, Connor, that medicine isn't for children. Why do you think you need it?

"Because MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM--he drug out the MOM part like I was an idiot who he has to explain every little detail too--, the commercial says it will help you fall asleep FAST and it takes me forever to fall asleep and sometimes I wake up at 3:23 in the MORNING and that's too ewearly to wake up. The medicine helps you fall asleep and STAY asleep. It has two wayers that dissolve you know".

"I see. Well, do you think there is anything that we can do to help you sleep better? Besides taking sleep medications?"

"UMMM, wewl, my bed is awfully hard and Trent snores and that is annoying to me. But, if you got me some of that Funesta I fink I would sleep wots better. Can we call Dr Wogan, Mom? I NEED some Wambien RR with the two wayers".

"Connor, I seriously doubt that Dr Logan will give you either Lunesta or Ambien CR. Maybe we could try giving you a nice glass of milk instead? Milk makes little kids sleepy".

"NO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. I need Funesta".

"Go talk to your Dad about it". This is my answer to every question that either makes me blush or giggle.



Apparently I have a 5-year-old with some major sleep issues. And he watches too much TV. Next thing you know he's gonna want that medication for ED or high cholesterol. Is he a 63-year-old man trapped in a child's body perhaps? And who says marketing doesn't work? Connor could be a bill board for sleep medications! :)

17 comments:

Wes said...

As long as he doesn't start asking for Depends you should be ok!

Bonnie B said...

Hilarious! I think they need to come up with sleep medications for children-- so WE can sleep better:)

but Momma said...

That is fall down funny!

When John was little he used to tell me which detergents would get our clothes the cleanest, "and kill 99% of germs."

Babaloo said...

Ha! That is TOOOOO FUNNY!!! How cute is that? I can totally picture you biting your lip and supressing the giggles. It is so funny what they absorb.

Undercover Angel said...

That is so cute. There are times when I would love to sedate my kids so that I can sleep. Oh well...It's nothing that a baseball bat won't take care of...

(Just kidding)

Anonymous said...

That was too funny. And trust me when I tell you that if they made a children sleep aide, other then milk, I would seriously consider giving it to several of my kids.

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

That is so hysterical that is the funniest thing, thanks for the laugh.

Cristina said...

Oh my LORD, this kid cracks me up. Lunesta? LMAO.

Some Random Girl said...

that is so cute! I'm glad you blogged it cuz it's a good memory! How's school?

Anonymous said...

But just think how long he'll sleep if you give him some!

Pendullum said...

Too Cute

Luckily there are no ads for wine on television or my kid would probably announce that 'mommy needs her wine tonight'

karen! said...

That is so great! One time, while I was shopping, my son asked me if I had a 'No Hassle" card! Kids!

CP said...

Okay, that is adorable. He is going to end up with a career in marketing.

CP.

CP said...

Okay, that is adorable. He is going to end up with a career in marketing.

CP.

Kristin said...

"medication for ED"... ok, that cracked me up!

Tori said...

This is hilarious...
Just glad those drug companies are hitting their target audience...
Your boy is funny Mamma...
How are you btw?

Anonymous said...

I love your stories Jodi!