Tuesday, May 23, 2006

This, that, and the other

The big news in our house is that Connor, 5, has a loose tooth. He's very excited. He's being a bit melodramatic about the whole thing though, as is his nature. He's a minature drama queen.

"My mouth hurts soooo bad, Mommy! Do SOMETHING", Connor moans while rolling around on the floor.

"What would you like me to do, Connor?", I say trying to be patient, understanding, yet in a firm voice that suggests I will not tolerate whining and unnecessary carrying on.

"I don't know Mom, it's my loose TEETHES! MOM! What am I a gonna do if ALL my teeth fall out, MOM?!?! What then? How will I eat, I'm gonna starve, MOM! OWWWW, my mouth!"

"Connor, kids for thousands of years have been losing baby teeth. It's no big deal. It just means that your grown up teeth are coming in, that's all. You're not going to lose them all at once, I promise. That baby tooth is barely even loose. You'll be fine and you'll be able to eat, I promise".

"What?!?!?! I have other teeth in my mouth besides my baby teeth?", Connor screeches while holding his jaw like a dentist is heading at him with a drill. "Does this mean I am getting Daddy teeth? Will they be big like Daddy's teeth?? My mouth isn't big enough for Daddy teeth!!!", Connor is yelping and jumping around with his hand over his mouth at this point.

"Connor, your teeth will be just the right size for your mouth. Don't worry about it. This is just what happens when you're 5, remember? Trent has lost baby teeth and he's just fine, he hasn't starved once, alright?"

"Yeah, whatever, Mom can I watch Manny NcPhee?" That's Nanny McPhee for those of you who don't speak 5-year-old. :)

And, as exicitng as that story was, do you wanna know about my ever elusive job search? I know that you do and it's been keeping you up nights, so here goes. I went for my interview Friday which turned out to be a really long (2 hours) and HARD testing process. I must have done alright 'cuz I was scheduled for an interview yesterday at 3:30, which lasted for almost 2 hours as well. I must have done okay at that interview because I have ANOTHER interview today at 2. I don't know if I am such an ideal candiate that the company is trying to determine if I am for real or not and trying to find a crack in my stellar abilities. Maybe they are looking into the company's finances to see just how much money they want to offer me??

Or maybe they are stalling me in hopes the authorities will show up in time to cart me off to the nut house? I have no idea. All I know is that I have to be there today, again, at 2 PM SHARP! I may or may not be having a stroke at this point, I couldn't tell you for sure. I will keep you posted.

16 comments:

Tori said...

Hey you..
Good going on the interview.
As for the tooth...
Pin the little bugger down and yank it out!!!!!!

but Momma said...

Good Luck Today!!!

I love five year old speak! I have a hard time correcting my kids speech because it's so cute! But I guess not so cute when you're twelve. When John mispronounces something and you correct him, he says "I know. I just like to call it that."

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Keeping the fingers crossed on the job! We put candidates through a lot of stuff before making an offer - I never thought I would get hired but I did!

If they keep calling you back - that has to be a good sign!

Cristina said...

Aw, poor kid. Life is full of pain, isn't it?

Good luck on the interview today!! Sounds very promising, after all those interviews!

Bonnie B said...

Good luck on the job interview. I know you'll do super.
Once COnnor loses that tooth and get his share of the Tooth Fairy endowment fund, then he'll be trying to pull all his teeth out.

Babaloo said...

Good luck with the job... I'm sure with so many interviews they MUST be interested.

I'm sure your older son wouldn't mind helping to pull the younger ones tooth out... That's what mine did. How or why the younger one let him do it is still a mystery!

Undercover Angel said...

I'm so excited for Connor! He must be so excited as he looks forward to the tooth coming out and the arrival of the tooth fairy!

I hope the interview went well...

Ashley Lasbury said...

Don't tell your son that all of my front teeth fell out within a month of each other. I had a huge hole in my face. Hope the interview went well. :)

Wes said...

My son lost his tooth during a Taekwondo training session, and started howling because it bled. The instructor thought one of the other kids had smacked him in the mouth, and spent 5 minutes trying to get one of them to confess, before Ethan calmed down enough to tell him it had just fallen out!

Good luck with the Nut House... I mean Interview!

Kristin said...

I have a child who will not give up his teeth... he keeps them in a jar and leaves notes that read: "Dear Tooth Fairy, I'm keeping the tooth, please leave money anyway."

Good lUck today and

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!

j.sterling said...

LMFAO- blake is the same way... so dramatic.. i call him "leo" whenever he gets like that. lol

Suburban Turmoil said...

Congrats on the job! Now you'll have some cash to pay for that tooth when it falls out! ;)

Anonymous said...

I almost wet my pants reading about Conner, he is sooooo funny. I have been there a million times so I totally feel for you, in a haha glad it is your kid this time, kinda of way!!!

Some Random Girl said...

Are you SO excited about working??? It will be good for you. Let me know how it goes!

My daughter has two loose teeth and she's such a puss about pulling them that it drives me crazy. She's 10. ARGH! DRama!

karla said...

The loose tooth story is so cute. Is my kid going to be that cute when he loses teeth?

Pollyanna said...

Without a doubt. He will be THAT cute, Karla. Only believe me, it's really really irriating when you're livin' through it. :) Bless his little heart!