Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I am NOT a blogging slut

So, I made a startling discovery. I think I am addicted to blogging. I am more of a lurker than anything, I just love to read other people's thoughts & then be ridiculously envious of said bloggers blogging abilities. {I still have not figured out the avatar or how to get her into my profile. Damn, damn, damn} *sigh* Everybody else in the free blogging world seems to have figured out to do this simple blogging task, and alas, I am not only addicted to blogging, I am technically incompetent as well. This, I believe, is not a very good combination. It will probably lead to my early demise, or at least the loss of my sanity, which is somewhat instable on a good day anyway. In a few years you will see me wandering the streets aimlessly in northern California mumbling something incoherent about avatars, html tags, and profiles gone awry. It will be a sad, sad, day and not one I didn't see coming. . .
I am NOT a blogging slut though. I am discriminate. I will not visit just any ole' Blog more than once. I will only bookmark certain blogs, I think I am a stalker on 5 blogs to date, and then visit those select blogs obsessively throughout my day.
I am wondering if I should join a 12 step program for Blogging addicts? Do you have a problem only if you are a blogging slut and repeatedly visit Blogs that you don't really enjoy and find them tiresome and trite, but keep visiting them anyway, just because you need a fix?
How about if you keep visiting a blog just because they blogrolled YOUR blog and so now you feel obligated? What if said blog is lame and boring? However, if the blog owner figures out you are not coming to their blog and then in a immature and rash lapse of judgment takes you off their blog roll, the HORROR! I wonder if such pathetic behavior qualifies a person as a blogging addict who must seek immediate and intense treatment?
I don't know. Maybe somebody should blog about it or something. . .

4 comments:

karen! said...

You are so funny!

Unknown said...

You are funny....

Pollyanna said...

thank you guys! that is a huge compliment. I tend to take myself way way too seriously so for total strangers to think I am funny is awesomely delicious! :) You both have free lifetime memberships to the bloggers 12-step program....

wopanese said...

well I, for one, am glad you stopped by for a visit and that you actually posted a comment! That's high praise from a self-admitted "mostly" lurker.

And don't feel bad - I spend my time writing and know just enough to post my spew on the blog - no time to do much more, hence the bland appearance. Ahh well... Hell, I don't think I've updated my links in... wow, many moons let's just say.